Pages

World Religion Teacher Skips Pagan, Mythology For Jedi

I'm a scrappy union girl, so solidarity with teachers is important to me. But lazy teaching still irks me. Being certified and unable to find work myself, teachers bungling a job I could do blindfolded colossally peeves me.



Case in point: our daughter's world religion teacher. He taught the major five--Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam. Cursorily and too fast if you ask me--class has only been in session for two months, pock-marked by snow days. Now he has time left, so he polled them on what to end with:



--Greek and Roman mythology

--Norse mythology

--or (are you ready for this? ) Jedi



Save Star Wars for play time; teach classics and real subjects, please.



World Religion Teacher Ignores Pagan, Mythology For Jedi